Frequently Asked Questions about Rustic Strength products
Is your laundry detergent high efficiency and top load machine friendly?
Yes. Our product is formulated for conventional, top load, front load and high efficiency washing machines.
How much laundry detergent should I use per load?
Small load - 1/2 to 1 oz of detergent
Medium load – 1 to 2 oz of detergent
Large load – 2 oz of detergent
What makes Rustic Strength’s laundry detergent better than other brands like Tide™, All™, Ecos™ or Purex™?
Ingredients! We do NOT use any cheap fillers to make our product. We only use quality 1st step ingredients and nothing more. Our product is a clear and clean formula with no additives to harm you or the environment.
What are Rustic Strength's no-no ingredients?
Our products do not contain any of these ingredients and here is why.
• parabens – xenoestorgens (agents that mimic estrogen) that has been linked to cancer
• perfumes – 15 – 20% perfume essence (concentrated fragrance)
• fragrances with phthalates – some can be toxic (phthalates); perceived clean vs real clean because of the smell
• phthalates – can damage liver, kidneys, lungs and reproductive system
• SLS and SLES can irritate eyes, skin and lungs. Tested on animals and not environmentally friendly
• dyes – skin irritant
• brighteners- chemicals that remain on the clothes to absorb UV light (naphthotriazolystilbenes, benzoxazolyl, diaminostilbene, disulfonate)
Does it really clean better than other detergents on the market?
The owners of Rustic Strength are athletes and the biggest problem they had with other detergents is the linger smell of sweat after their clothes were washed. The owners solved this problem with their laundry detergent formulation and they no longer stink when they come to the office!
Many of our customers tell us how it outperforms any other detergent they have EVER used.
Plastic, Glass, Bags, Boxes... why so many choices?
It's all about keeping our core values of sustainability by recycling, reusing and upcycling materials.
• Our plastic bottles come from other manufacturer's surplus of supply (avoiding the landfill).
• Our glass jugs are made locally (supporting local business)
• The bags can be returned to us and reused by many.
• The boxes can be reused, recycled or upcycled for crafts and other projects.
Why no pump?
Again, this is about sustainability and decreasing waste in the environment. We do not automatically provide a pump with with our products because we are trying to reduce waste in the environment. The pumps are designed to fit all of our plastic and glass containers so no need to purchase different sizes.
Check out our Close The Loop™ Program for more details on how to help our planet and reduce waste in your home.
Why do you use deionized water?
The deionization process removes mineral ions such as sodium, calcium, iron, copper, chloride and sulfate to make the water as PURE as possible.
Can your laundry detergent be used on cloth diapers or reusable menstrual pads?
YES!!! We also recommend using our OxyBoost Stain Remover in conjunction with cleaning these items. Pre-soaking the above items helps remove those tough stains as well. If you want them bright white again, just hang them out to dry in the sun. It is a natural bleaching agent.
Are your products cruelty free, vegan and gluten free?
YES!! All of the Rustic Strength line of products are gluten free, vegan and cruelty free.
How does your Close The Loop Program reduce waste?
Our Close The Loop™ Program encourages the end user to send back containers to be sanitized, and reused. When customers do this they are refilling their existing containers vs throwing them away.
Our wholesale program is based on supporting this system as well. We sell our products to Refill Stations and Refilleries and they in turn encourage the end user to bring in previously used, clean containers to refill with our product. All our wholesale suppliers have access to the same Close The Loop™ Program as our retail customers.
What other ways are you reducing waste and saving our planet?
• At Rustic Strength, we make a conscious effort to recycle, reuse and upcycle all of the materials that come into our facility. We purchase bottles and caps from other businesses that don't want or can't use them anymore. These bottles would normally end up in a landfill somewhere.
• All of our label stock is reused as paper for tickets, notes, formulations and even packing material. If we have left over label parts, they are used as tape.
• Boxes that we receive supplies in are reused to ship our products.
• If containers come in that are slightly damaged or discolored, we sell them as seconds.
• All of our employee’s ride share to work.
• We share a building with another company. This helps decrease land usage and increase power sharing.
• We use glass jugs vs plastic as an option for your detergent
• We use recycled cardboard for packing material
• We use eco-friendly tape
• The box that it is shipped in can be recycled or reused for shipping other items
• One time purchase of a pump means less waste. You can keep your pump and reuse it.