Frequently Asked Questions about Rustic Strength products
Is your laundry detergent high efficiency and top load machine friendly?
Yes. Our product is formulated for conventional, top load, front load and high efficiency washing machines.
How much laundry detergent should I use per load?
Small load - 1/2 to 1 oz of detergent
Medium load – 1 to 2 oz of detergent
Large load – 2 oz of detergent
What makes Rustic Strength’s laundry detergent better than other leading brands?
Our high-purity and plant-based ingredients! We do NOT use any cheap fillers to make our product.
We only use quality 1st step ingredients and nothing more.
Our product is pure, with no additives that harm you or the environment.
What are Rustic Strength's no-no ingredients?
Check out our blog: You will NEVER find these in our product
• parabens – xenoestorgens (agents that mimic estrogen) that has been linked to cancer
• perfumes – 15 – 20% perfume essence (concentrated fragrance)
• fragrances with phthalates – some can be toxic (phthalates); perceived clean instead of really clean because of the smell
• phthalates – can damage liver, kidneys, lungs and reproductive system
• SLS and SLES can irritate eyes, skin and lungs. Tested on animals and not environmentally friendly
• dyes – skin irritant
• brighteners- chemicals that remain on the clothes to absorb UV light (naphthotriazolystilbenes, benzoxazolyl, diaminostilbene, disulfonate)
Plastic, Glass, Eco jugs... why so many choices?
It's all about keeping our core values of sustainability by recycling, reusing and upcycling materials.
• Our plastic bottles come from other manufacturer's surplus of supply (avoiding the landfill).
• Our glass jugs are made locally (supporting local business)
• Eco jugs can be returned to us and reused by many.
All of our containers can be reused, recycled, upcycled for crafts and other projects, or returned to us for our Close the Loop Program.
Why do you use deionized water?
The deionization process removes mineral ions such as sodium, calcium, iron, copper, chloride and sulfate to make the water as pure as possible, which in return makes our product pure.
Can your laundry detergent be used on cloth diapers or reusable menstrual pads?
We also recommend using our OxyBoost Stain Remover alongside our laundry detergent when cleaning these items.
Pre-soaking the above items helps remove those tough stains as well. Visit Our Stain Removal Blog for more tips.
If you want them bright white again, you can hang them out to dry in the sun. It is a natural bleaching agent.
Are your products cruelty free, vegan and gluten free?
YES!! All of the Rustic Strength line of products are gluten free, vegan and cruelty free.
How does your Close The Loop Program reduce waste?
Our Close The Loop™ Program encourages the end user to send back containers to be sanitized, and reused. When customers do this they are reusing their existing containers instead of throwing them away.
Our wholesale program is based on supporting this system as well. We sell our products to Refill Stations and Refilleries and they in turn encourage the end user to bring in previously used, clean containers to refill with our product. All our wholesale suppliers have access to the same Close The Loop™ Program as our retail customers.
Why no pump?
This is about sustainability and decreasing waste in the environment.
We do not automatically provide a pump with with our products because our goal is to reduce waste.
If you would like a pump, we offer that as an additional option in our variety section. Our pumps are designed to fit all of our plastic and glass containers so no need to purchase different varieties.
Check out our Close The Loop™ Program for more details on how to help our planet and reduce waste in your home.
What other ways are you reducing waste and saving our planet?
• At Rustic Strength, we make a conscious effort to recycle, reuse and upcycle all of the materials that come into our facility. We purchase bottles and caps from other businesses that don't want or can't use them anymore. These bottles would normally end up in a landfill somewhere.
• All of our label stock is reused as paper for notes, formulations and even packing material and printer paper! If we have left over labels, they are used as tape.
• Boxes that we receive supplies in are reused to ship our products.
• We share a building with another company. This helps decrease land usage and increase power sharing.
• We use glass jugs and plastic as an option for your detergent.
• We use recycled cardboard for packing material.
• We use eco-friendly tape
• The box that it is shipped in can be recycled or reused for shipping other items
• One time purchase of a pump means less waste. You can keep your pump and reuse it.